Happy New Year! Hope you had a wonderful holiday and you are ready to get back to quilting. Our guild year has already started with the Binary Two Color Challenge Exhibit opening on January 3 and the first sew-in of the year on January 4. And even better, our first meeting is this Wednesday, January 8.
When: Wednesday, January 8, 2014 from 7:00-9:00 pm
Where: Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N 85th St Seattle, WA 98103
It’s membership renewal time. 2014 dues are $50 and are payable by credit card at the meeting. We are also working on a PayPal button for on-line payment. Sorry, we will not be accepting checks or cash for membership dues. Your 2013 membership ends on January 31, 2014 and will be delinquent if not paid by then.
It’s also time for 2014 board elections. Lotte Clark Mahoney has agreed to be the nominating committee. If you are interested in serving on the board, please contact her. Lotte’s email address is on BigTent. We have a slate of candidates for your consideration:
- President nominee – Chandra Wu
- VP of Programs nominee – Kristen Ballou
- VP of Membership nominee – Martha Peterson
- Treasurer nominee - Patricia Curry
- Secretary – OPEN. We need YOU! Really, we do. Everyone knows the guild runs only with volunteers. If you are interested, here is a description of the role: SeattleMQGSecretary.
The meeting will also have updates on the Camp Burton retreat, challenges,membership cards and pins, Riley Blake challenge, and sew-ins. And of course, we’ll have Show-and-Tell and door prizes!
While you’re packing for the meeting, think about bringing this stuff:
- Your show-and-tell
- Your name tag
- Credit card for membership renewal
- If you’re a January baby, please bring snacks to share
In closing, here are a couple of pics from the sew-in at Quiltworks Northwest on January 4th.