Shhhhh…..it’s quiet time….
We’re swapping 10-inch squares of low-volume fabrics at the August Seattle MQG meeting.
What are low-volume fabrics? They’re the quiet, unheralded workhorses of many modern quilts and are usually a white or light-colored neutral with a small scale print on it.
Here’s what some members are doing with low volume fabrics:
Wanna play? Here’s how:
- Cut ten 10-inch x 10-inch squares of quilt shop quality low volume fabrics. Please, no white-on-whites
- Put no more than two duplicates of any fabric in your pack. For example, you can put in ten different prints or two each of five different prints or a combination between the two extremes
- Put your ten 10-inch squares in a gallon plastic zip bag or similar thing which will keep the fabric nice and flat
- Bring up to five packets to the August meeting. You take home as many packets as you bring
- At the meeting, see the swap coordinator to drop off your packets and get your pick numbers
- Can’t be at the August meeting? Send your packets with a trusted quilty bud and we’ll pick for you
Pingback: August Meeting Reminder | seattle modern quilt guild·