Woo hoo! It’s May and the weather has been ah.MAZ.ing and it’s time for our May meeting!!! Life is good. Here’s how May is gonna roll:
- May 10 – Sew-in at DryGoods Design. Happy Mother’s Day. Treat yourself to some sewing time!
- May 13 – Monthly meeting at Greenwood Senior Center (see details below)
- May 30 – Sew-in at Quiltworks Northwest
Now onto details of our May meeting!!!
When: Wednesday, May 13, 7:00-9:00. Social time starts at 6:30
Where: Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N 85th St, Seattle, WA 98103
- Creativity exercise (bring your coloring tools!)
- Paint Chip Challenge Quilts
- Next installment of our Medallion BOM
- Giving update
- SEA MQG quilt blocks (due in June but we’ll take them early!)
- PNW MQG Meetup – #EPICmeetup2105
- SEAMQG exhibit at Northwest Folklife Festival. What? You haven’t entered yet? There’s still time!
- Book sales of The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters by Sherri Lynn Wood
Attention, Attention, Attention! We’ve got a special door prize for members wearing their nametag at the May meeting. You really want to bring your nametag, just sayin’.
And, looking into our quilting future, we’ve got the SEAMQG guild quilt blocks due at the June meeting, BTW PNQ MQG Challenge due June 12, and the MQG Riley Blake Cottage Garden challenge due in July.
If you’ve been thinking of joining the Seattle MQG and all this fun, please note that the last day to join and get early QuiltCon West registration access is June 17. This date is a few days earlier than the official MQG deadline but we want to get you set up and avoid the last minute rush. Ready to join? Go to our membership page.
Pack your bag:
- Crayons, colored pencils, markers, etc and clipboard or something similar for our creativity exercise
- Paint Chip Challenge quilt (they are due at this meeting)
- SEAMQG quilt blocks if you’re done
- Cash or check for The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters (last month!)
- Quilt for the Seattle MQG exhibit at the Northwest Folklife Festival
- Your finished modern quilt for sew-and-tell
- May babies – snacks to share. We love to celebrate with you. Thanks!!!