A bit late but better than never…here’s what is happening in the Seattle MQG world in June.
- Throughout June – Paintchip Challenge Exhibit at Drygoods Design
- June 2 – QuiltCon West catalog releases
- June 10 – Monthly meeting (more on that below)
- June 12 – BTW Challenge entries due (10:00 PM PDT!)
- June 14 – Sew-In at Drygoods Design
- June 17 – Deadline to join the Seattle MQG for early QuiltCon West registration
- June 25 – QuiltCon West Early Registration starts for MQG members
If you’ve been thinking about joining us and you’re interested in getting early QuiltCon West registration, please join by June 17. This date is earlier than the official MQG date but we want to get your membership up and running in plenty of time for you to access the MQG site and get familiar with it before registration.
And now, here’s what’s going on at the June meeting. Be sure to read to the end for pictures!
When: Wednesday, June 10, 7:00 pm. Social time starts at 6:30
Where: Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N 85th St, Seattle, WA 98103
On the Agenda:
- Ramp up for PNW MQG Meetup
- Return of Northwest Folklife Festival exhibit quilts
- SEAMQG quilt blocks are due, PLEASE bring your block back if you took a packet – email firstname.lastname@example.org before the meeting if you need an address to mail it – it can go in a regular envelope because it’s small. Bring back the extra fabric, too
- QuiltCon! Bring your schedule and questions
- Christina Cameli workshop Free Motion Quilting workshop. Signup is live now
- SEAMQG BOM and sew-and-tell now that we’re halfway through
- Committee updates
- Volunteer opportunities. Budget committee anyone?
Pack your bags
- SEAMQG quilt block. They are due at this meeting. Don’t forget to bring back leftover fabric
- Cash or cash if you plan to sign up for Christina Cameli workshop at the meeting (space permitting)
- QuiltCon schedule to compare notes and plans
- Your up-to-date BOM quilt top
- Your nametag
- Your finished modern quilt for sew-and-tell
- June babies – please bring snacks to share. And, Happy Birthday!
And, for preserving to the end of this post, here are a few pictures!
Your exhibit is FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing. You are a major busy Guild. We are Ramping up for the third annual Bainbridge Quilt Festival September 12. Trust SMQG will be well represented in that Festival.
We plan to join in the PNW event in August. Any way we can help??
May we share our Raffle quilt with you again this year? I think we came to your July meeting last year. Also open to sharing at the August event.
Let us know.
All the best from BIMQG.
Hi, Kathy! Thank you. We’re excited about your Bainbridge Quilt Festival, too. It’s the same weekend as our fall retreat but I’m sure some members will come over and/or will enter quilts. We’ll socialize your show within our guild.
For the raffle quilt, please contact email@example.com.
We have seen several BIMQG members on the meet-up registration list. Yay! Please encourage your members to register. The first 125 registrants get a goodie bag and the early rate ends July 4. See you in August (or sooner)!