Yes, folks, we are less than five weeks away from the annual PNW MQG meetup. As this year’s host, Seattle MQG is planning a weekend full of EPIC activities including swaps, shop hops, behind-the-scenes tours, and an all day sew-in! Oh, and don’t forget the swag! We still have space available so if you haven’t registered yet there’s still time do so here.
How much stuff does one quilter need? Photo by Megan Vanderburg
Are you packed and ready to go? For those of you who like to plan ahead, here is a list of essentials to bring with you.
Since we’re having crazy hot weather in the PNW this year don’t forget the following:
* Sunglasses and sunscreen
* Light jacket just in case it sprinkles. (Oh and it does cool off in the evening.)
* Reusable water bottle to stay hydrated
Items you will need throughout the weekend, August 20-23:
* Buttons for swapping
* Your MQG membership card (some shops give discounts with proof of membership)
* Your handmade name tag, if you wish to show it off. (Don’t worry if you forget this one as we’ll be handing out name badges, too)
* A handmade lanyard for your name badge, if you have one.
* Your guild’s namesake quilt or banner to display
* Your guild’s raffle quilt, if you have one
* A camera to capture all of the action – #EPICmeetup2015
For Thursday, August 20:
* A folding chair or quilt to sit on
* Handwork or other project to work on while you visit
* Your favorite modern quilt or recent finish for sew-and-tell
For Friday, August 21:
* A finished notebook cover with notebook for the swap (don’t forget to wrap it in a paper bag).
* Appetizer or dessert to share
For Saturday, August 22:
* Sewing machine and accessories (including bobbins and extra needles)
* Power cord and foot pedal
* Extension cord/surge protector
* Small table lamp for extra light
* Project to work on
* Cutting tools and rulers
* Neutral color thread for charity sewing
Items provided for sew-in
* Ironing boards
* Large cutting mats
* Limited design wall space
* Fabric for charity blocks
More details will be coming soon for the following activities:
* Shop hop
* Charity block project
Happy packing and we can’t wait to see everyone in August!!
Space Needle by Megan Vanderburg
Thanks for this great list! One thing I’ll be packing for my trip from Vancouver is my valid passport!
Holly, that’s a great addition to the list! Thanks for the IG shoutout, too!
Pingback: One Week to Meetup! | seattle modern quilt guild·