It’s time for our monthly meeting! And this month we have several important announcements. Be sure to read to the end of this post for all the details.
When: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 at 7:00 pm. Social time starts at 6:30
Where: Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N 85th St, Seattle, WA 98103
Pre-meeting meetup at The Yard Café at 5:30. First to arrive – please grab a big table
As always, we welcome visitors and fellow MQG members.
Now, the announcements:
2015 Annual Meeting
In accordance with our by-laws, this post is notice that our 2015 Annual Meeting will take place on November 11, 2015 at 7:00 pm. The meeting will occur at the Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N 85th St, Seattle, WA 98103. Elections for 2016 Board members will occur at this meeting.
2016 Membership Renewals Start in November
Our membership year is from January to December and your 2105 membership will expire December 31. 2015. As we did last year, we are offering members a chance to renew early. The 2016 dues will be $50 + $2 PayPal fee. By renewing early with cash or check at the November meeting, you will save the $2 PayPal fee. Please note that your 2016 membership needs to be current to participate in 2016 workshops.
December Holiday Party Details Finalized
Our annual December Holiday party and sew-in will be Saturday, December 12, 2015 from 12:00-8:30 pm at the Greenwood Senior Center. The start time as been changed to allow the committee to set up the room. Please update your calendars. You don’t want to miss this Members Only event! There is lots of fun being planned.
Sew-and-Tell and Shout Outs
We are fortunate to have many inspiring members who share their work with us. However, due to limited time, we ask that you share only one finished quilt at each meeting and tell us what are the modern aspects of your quilt. For announcements, please put them on our “shout outs” board for all to see.
We love to see all your other “makes” during the meeting break, on Instagram, on Flickr, and on Facebook.
On the October meeting agenda:
- Approval of September meeting minutes (MQG login required)
- Treasurer’s report
- Committee updates
- QuiltCon Charity quilt (blocks are due this month)
- Workshops (did you miss the announcements about Krista Withers, Jenny Pedigo, Libs Elliott and a second Libs Elliott?)
- Seattle Secret Sewing Swap (please make sure your swap is at the meeting)
- Shout outs
Pack your bag for the meeting:
- Nametag. We love to see those new ones!
- Your Seattle Secret Sewing Swap
- Your QuiltCon Charity Improv with Intention block
- One finished modern quilt for sew-and-tell
- Shout outs for the board. We want to hear your news
- October babies – please bring a snack to share. Treats!
See you on Wednesday!