Welcome to our renewing members and new members faces in the guild too! It’s a new year and there are projects to be started, old ones to revisit (wips), and certainly something new around the corner.
So what will be your mantra for the year? I’ve been thinking of a few.
#breakintothatstash (bust out all that fabric you’ve been hoarding)
#destash (I know there is someone to take that off your hands)
#juststartsewingsomething (plug in that machine and go, who knows what you’ll create).
Or maybe your plan is something more along the lines of one of these:
- time to take a class because a lot of great teachers are coming here to the Guild.
- learn a new technique, like our BOM or something you saw at our sew-ins, saw at a demo at guild meeting, something seen at sew-and-tell, or learned on a quilty blog (some of our members are bloggers with a wealth of info)
- sign up for a retreat or two (a whole uninterrupted weekend to sew with friends!)
- start on your quilt submission for next year’s Quiltcon in Savannah, GA or any quilt show you wish to enter. We have a special exhibit taking submissions now for an April show.
- come to Quiltcon next month in Pasadena, CA (or members there will keep you in the loop, virtually)
- check out our local quilt shops (maybe take a quilty friend with for moral support or just to help you hide the shopping bags)
- make (or remake) a nametag for yourself to wear at meetings and sew-ins – they are a great way to show off a little bit of your quilty style!
- go to sew-ins and meetings (all the good stuff happens at both, need we say more?)
We are all helping one another and learning along the way how to become better quilters and makers. It’s good to bring a friend, or many, along for the journey. You are what makes seaMQG so fabulous! Get to know your fellow guild members and find some new quilty buddies by using our hashtags on Instagram:
#seaMQG for all things related to the guild, meetings, and modern Seattle quilting
#oneseamsewn because sewing just one seam means you’ve had a successful sew day!
#seaSLABbom to follow along with this year’s block of the month
Sew, see you soon!
P.S. a special thank you for a wonderful SeaMQG Christmas party in December and for all the efforts of Jonna in chairing such a big party! Woo-hoo!!!