We had a wonderful turnout at our January meeting! If you were unable to attend, here is a summary of our meeting.
- 2017 Membership Renewals from here on out are Paypal only, we have 90 renewing/new members as of our meeting
- Went over 2016 Q4/End of Year report
- Reported on some general trends from the Member Survey distributed at the end of 2017, we had a 50% response rate. Our giveaway for entering was won by Sue M.
- Put forth proposed 2017 Budget, approved with a majority of the membership
- Announced Spring Retreat, March 24-26 at Camp Burton on Vashon Island, details posted on website
- Jonna introduced our 2017 Block of the Month, featuring applique #SeaMQGBOM2017, inspired by jewelry created by her great uncle. A post detailing fabric requirements and suggested supplies will appear on Monday, January 16th.
- If you like to quilt with the 2017 Colors of the Year, either Pantone, or Kona, we have some hashtags you can use on Instagram, we would love to see your works and inspiration. #seamqgkonacoty2017 #seamqgppantonecoty2017
- Concluded with our annual scrap swap, where you can clean out your quilting fabric stash, and rehome it, or find something new to add to your collection
- Guild sew-ins this month
– Thursday, Jan 19th @ QWNW 2pm-8:30pm
– Saturday, Jan 28th @ QWNW 10:30am-5:30pm
- The next MQG Sew Day will be January 15 in all time zones. These virtual sew days happen the third Sunday of each month, you can follow on Instagram with the #mqgsewday
- Upcoming MQG WebinarsJanuary 25, 9p ET, 6p PT: Using Simple Quilt Blocks to Create a Complex Geometric Design with Corinne Sovey
January 31, 9p ET, 6p PT: Tutorial Planned and Unplanned: Design and Improv in Piecing with Melanie Tuazon
- Local Exhibits: La Conner Quilt and Textile Museum has two exhibitsAbstract Quilts in Solids by Gwen Marston on display January 4 – March 26, 2017
Touch of Improv Quilts by Sharon Tuckery on display January 4 – February 26, 2017
Available Volunteer Opportunities in 2017:
- 2017 Giveaways – We have already received several very kind donations for giveaways. If you would like to lead, or contribute to giveaways, please e-mail email@example.com
- Update Website – We will be updating our website and formalizing an update structure. If you are interested in helping, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meeting Demos – If you have an idea for a meeting demo, that you would be willing to give, please e-mail email@example.com
- Member Spotlight Mini Trunk Shows – We debuted our concept of a mini trunk show with board members showing an early, and recent quilt work, and sharing how we started quilting, as well as some of the things we learned along the way. On a personal note, it was a lot of fun to show our works, and the membership very much enjoyed this feature! We would like to do two or three of these a month. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welcome Committee – We are looking for members to assist Patty at the sign-in table and in greeting new members and visiters. Please e-mail email@example.com
- Sew-ins – Will be taken over by Kathleen, thank you!