- Matt gave a photo slide show presentation on his trip to QuiltCon East 2017 in Savannah,GA this past February.
- A quick recap was given on the Camp Burton Retreat. A ton of fun was had by all 24 participants!
- The VP of Programs position is currently open. Please email President@seattlemodernquiltguild.com if you are interested in helping out.
- We have new AccuQuilt Go! New Dies!! Please come use them out at a meeting or Sew In!
- Guild member showcase
- Linda K. and Rachel S. shared one quilt from the beginning of their quilting journey and one recent piece.
- *Guild member showcase is what we are calling the format of our board “trunk show” from the January meeting. Guild members will share an early quilt and a recent finish and talk briefly about their quilting journey. (if you are interested in sharing your work in this format at a future meeting please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Upcoming Workshops and Presentations for members:
- April 22nd: Upcycle your Quiltmaking with Blair Stocker (6 spaces left)
- June 14th: Hawaiian Quilting: Its History, Traditions & Superstitions with Nancy Chong
- July 7th: Improv Flower Block with Mathew Boudreaux (Mister Domestic)
- July 12th: Presentation by Meg Callahan (Tentatively scheduled)
- July 30th: The Chong Way to Applique with Nancy Chong
- September 16th: Psychedelic Baby with Katie Pedersen
- November 4th: Double Trouble Block with Katie Pedersen
Fall Retreat will be Sept 8-10 at Camp Huston in Goldbar, WA. More info to come!
Folklife Festival is May 26-29th. You will be able to submit your quilts via a form that will be available in an upcoming blog post.
The next MQG Sew Day will be April 16th in all time zones. Sew days happen the third Sunday of each month. #mqgsewday
Fresh Quilting TV: All episodes are now available through the MQG site
- Looking for 4-6 MQG members
- Applications open through April 30, 2017
MQG Region 1 Town Hall, April 26, 2017 4:00pm PST
- Entries open through June 17, 2017
- Showcase will happen at Fall Quilt Festival, November 5-7, 2017 in Houston TX
Riley Blake Creative Rockstar Fabric Challenge, Entry Deadline April 30th.
What’s Happening Locally?
Pacific NW Quilt & Fiber Arts Museum (formerly LaConner Quilt Museum)
- It’s not easy being Green w/ High Fiber Diet Feb 1-April 30
- Bloom Where You Are Planted March 29 – April 30, 2017
- Annual La Conner in Bloom Group Challenge
Bellevue Arts Museum The Contact – Quilts of the Sierra Nevada by Ann Johnston.
- Free admission on the first Friday of the month!
Nordic Heritage Museum Marimekko, With Love March 10-July 9.
“Through the Eye of the Quilter”, Everett Show by All In Stitches Guild. April 28-29
“Quilts by the Bay” Quilt Show in Delta, BC. May 6-7
A Festival of Quilts, Show by Northwest Quilters. May 12-13th at Portland Expo Center.
Mukilteo Garden and Quilt Tour July 15th and 16th.
“Quilting in the Northwest” Quilt Show, Covington, WA. July 21-23.
Lazy Daze Quilt Run “shop hop” August 10-12
The next General Guild Meeting is May 10, 2017.