- Matt made a motion to create a scholarship program for members in need so that they can be able to attend workshops that they may not, financially, be able to attend otherwise. Motion was approved unanimously.
- The VP of Programs position has been filled by Kristy A. This leaves the Secretary position open. Please talk to a Board Member or email email@example.com if you are interested.
- The Bainbridge Island Quilt Festival Event Chair shared details with members about the upcoming festival and how to enter quilts.
- Folk Life Festival: If you missed turning your quilt in, there is still time! Either bring it to set-up or get it to Megan or Lottie prior to the 25th. They’d also love your help setting up and tearing down!
- Project Bag swap for the June meeting was presented – blog post with pattern suggestion and details will be posted soon. Completed project bags will need to be brought to the June meeting.
- 2017 BOM May Block was presented – blog post with instructions and template will be posted early next week.
- Alabama Chanin Presentation by SEAMQG Member Kathy M.
- Quilting Panel Discussion with SEAMQG Members Pam C, Dionne M, Debbie J, & Matt M.
- Guild member showcase
- Jackie B. and Rachel H. shared one quilt from the beginning of their quilting journey and one recent piece.
- *Guild member showcase is what we are calling the format of our board “trunk show” from the January meeting. Guild members will share an early quilt and a recent finish and talk briefly about their quilting journey. If you are interested in sharing your work in this format at a future meeting please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Workshops and Presentations for members:
- June 14th: Hawaiian Quilting: Its History, Traditions & Superstitions with Nancy Chong
- July 8th: Improv Flower Block with Mathew Boudreaux (Mister Domestic)
- July 12th: Presentation by Meg Callahan (Tentatively scheduled)
- July 30th: The Chong Way to Applique with Nancy Chong
- September 16th: Psychedelic Baby with Katie Pedersen
- November 4th: Double Trouble Block with Katie Pedersen
The next MQG Sew Day will be May 21st in all time zones. Sew days happen the third Sunday of each month. #mqgsewday
Lizzy Rockwell, Many Voices as One: How to Make a Community Quilt, May 31, 2017 5:00 PDT
Kimberly Kight, Fabric Design for Quilters: A Crash Course, June 14, 2017 6:00 PDT
Sue Bleiweiss, Fabulously Fused Modern Quilts, June 27, 2017 5:00 PDT
Fresh Quilting TV: All episodes are now available through the MQG site
- Entries open through June 17, 2017
- Showcase will happen at Fall Quilt Festival, November 5-7, 2017 in Houston TX
New MQG Chairperson Announced:
- Andrew Joslyn, current Region 3 representative, Philadelphia MQG is the new Chairperson. Jacquie Gering will remain on the board through 2018.
QuiltCon Registration opens June 26, 2017
- Here is the link to the brand new QuiltCon website. Make sure you can access the National MQG site and know what email address you registered with the MQG
What’s Happening Locally?
Pacific NW Quilt & Fiber Arts Museum (formerly LaConner Quilt Museum)
- For the Love of Children by Miwako Kimura & Students, March 29 – June 25, 2017
- Marginalia – Tapestries by Sara Swett, May 3 – July 30, 2017
- From Thread to Ink by Kristin Loffer Theiss, May 3 – 28, 2017
Bellevue Arts Museum The Contact – Quilts of the Sierra Nevada by Ann Johnston.
- Free admission on the first Friday of the month!
Nordic Heritage Museum Marimekko, With Love March 10-July 9.
Pacific Fabrics “100 Year Celebration Quilt Show”
- Quilt Display and Customer Voting at all stores, May 1-15.
A Festival of Quilts, Show by Northwest Quilters. May 12-13th at Portland Expo Center.
Folk Life Festival Seattle Center May 26-29.
Mukilteo Garden and Quilt Tour July 15-16.
“Quilting in the Northwest” Quilt Show, Covington, WA. July 21-23.
Lazy Daze Quilt Run “shop hop” August 10-12.
The next General Guild Meeting is June 14, 2017 at 7:00pm.