- The secretary position has been filled by Kathleen Munns filling the last vacant board position.
- The giving committee shared examples of Cool Wedge Slab blocks for the next giving quilt that are due at the July Meeting. They also announced a design competition for the guilds QuiltCon Charity Quilt that is based on Modern Traditionalism. A blog post with more details on the design competition will be posted soon.
- Project Bag swap was a success with lots of beautiful bags swapped.
- 2017 BOM June Block was presented – blog post with instructions and template are posted.
- Nancy Lee Chong presented Hawaiian Quilting: Its history, traditions, and superstitions.
- Guild member showcase
- Melissa H. and Kathleen M. shared one quilt from the beginning of their quilting journey and one recent piece.
- *Guild member showcase is what we are calling the format of our board “trunk show” from the January meeting. Guild members will share an early quilt and a recent finish and talk briefly about their quilting journey. If you are interested in sharing your work in this format at a future meeting please email email@example.com
- Fall retreat with be at Camp Huston in Goldbar, WA from Friday September 8th to Sunday September 10th
- Sign ups will be live June 23rd around 11:00 am
- Cost: $252 for a single room and $193 for half of a double room
Upcoming Workshops and Presentations for members:
- July 8th: Improv Flower Block with Mathew Boudreaux (Mister Domestic)
- July 12th: Presentation by Meg Callahan
- July 30th: The Chong Way to Applique with Nancy Chong
- September 16th: Psychedelic Baby with Katie Pedersen
- November 4th: Double Trouble Block with Katie Pedersen
The next MQG Sew Day will be June 18th in all time zones. Sew days happen the third Sunday of each month. #mqgsewday
- American Patchwork & Quilting Flying Geese Challenge
- Michael Miller Our Yard Fabric Challenge sign-ups for MQG members June 17th-24th, 2017
Kimberly Kight, Fabric Design for Quilters: A Crash Course, June 14, 2017 6:00 PDT
Sue Bleiweiss, Fabulously Fused Modern Quilts, June 27, 2017 5:00 PDT
Fresh Quilting TV: All episodes are now available through the MQG site
- Entries open through June 17, 2017
- Showcase will happen at Fall Quilt Festival, November 5-7, 2017 in Houston TX
QuiltCon Registration opens June 26, 2017
- Here is the link to the brand new QuiltCon website. Make sure you can access the National MQG site and know what email address you registered with the MQG
- Modern Quilt competition entry deadline August 29th, 2017
- Registration open 6/30-8/31 the festival is on Saturday, Sept 9th
What’s Happening Locally?
Pacific NW Quilt & Fiber Arts Museum (formerly LaConner Quilt Museum)
- For the Love of Children by Miwako Kimura & Students, March 29 – June 25, 2017
- Marginalia – Tapestries by Sara Swett, May 3 – July 30, 2017
Nordic Heritage Museum Marimekko, With Love March 10-July 9.
Mukilteo Garden and Quilt Tour July 15-16.
“Quilting in the Northwest” Quilt Show, Covington, WA. July 21-23.
Lazy Daze Quilt Run “shop hop” August 10-12.
Northwest Quilting Expo Portland Expo Center Sept. 28 – 30th
Crystal Quilters of Enumclaw Expo Center Sept 29th – 30th
The next General Guild Meeting is July 12th, 2017 at 7:00pm.