- Kim gave the quarterly budget report for the second quarter of 2017.
- The Giving Committee announced that Cecelia Lehmann was the winner of the design challenge for the QuiltCon Charity Quilt design. Cecelia created a design based off of a Dresden Plate block. Thank you to all who submitted designs as others may be showing up in future charity quilts. They also collected Cool Wedge Slab blocks for the next giving quilt.
- 2017 BOM June Block was presented – blog post with instructions and template are posted.
- Meg Callahan walked us through the unconventional story of how she arrived at quilting as an art form and how that story continues to inspire her work. Instagram @mdotcallahan
- Guild member showcase
- Grace L shared one quilt from the beginning of her quilting journey, one recent piece, and a truly touching piece in the middle.
- *Guild member showcase is what we are calling the format of our board “trunk show” from the January meeting. Guild members will share an early quilt and a recent finish and talk briefly about their quilting journey. If you are interested in sharing your work in this format at a future meeting please email email@example.com
- Thursday 7/20/2017 2pm-8:30pm at Quiltworks NW.
- Note: There will be construction occurring in the parking lots at Quilt Works Northwest. We will still have access to the main lot but only through the Broiler Bay lot. We will also still be able to park in the over flow lot up the hill but only one entrance will be open. The construction should be completed before the 29th sew-in.
- Saturday 7/29/2017 10:30-5:30pm at Quiltworks NW
- Fall retreat with be at Camp Huston in Goldbar, WA from Friday September 8th to Sunday September 10th
- Sign ups are live.
- 6 Double spots available as of 7/12/2017
- Cost $193 for half of a double room
Upcoming Workshops and Presentations for members:
- July 30th: The Chong Way to Applique with Nancy Chong ONLY 1 Spot left!
- September 16th: Psychedelic Baby with Katie Pedersen
- October 14th & 15th: 2 classes with Violet Craft
- October 21st: Quilt-as-You-Go with Jera Brandvig
- November 4th: Double Trouble Block with Katie Pedersen
The next MQG Sew Day will be July 26th in all time zones. Sew days happen the third Sunday of each month. #mqgsewday
- American Patchwork & Quilting Flying Geese Challenge
- Michael Miller Our Yard Fabric Challenge sign-ups for MQG members June 17th-24th, 2017
Krista Hennebury Who Gives A Flying FQ About Accuracy? July 26th, 2017 6:00 pm PDT
Fresh Quilting TV: All episodes are now available through the MQG site
- Modern Quilt competition entry deadline August 29th, 2017
- Registration open 6/30-8/31 the festival is on Saturday, Sept 9th
What’s Happening Locally?
Pacific NW Quilt & Fiber Arts Museum (formerly LaConner Quilt Museum)
- Pieces of the Past: 20 Years of Collecting – June 30 – October 8, 2017 Selections from the museum’s Permanent Collection
- Marginalia – Tapestries by Sara Swett, May 3 – July 30, 2017 Nordic Heritage Museum
Mukilteo Garden and Quilt Tour July 15-16.
“Quilting in the Northwest” Quilt Show, Covington, WA. July 21-23.
Lazy Daze Quilt Run “shop hop” August 10-12.
Northwest Quilting Expo Portland Expo Center Sept. 28 – 30th
Crystal Quilters of Enumclaw Expo Center Sept 29th – 30th
The next General Guild Meeting is August 9th, 2017 at 7:00pm.