- The Giving Committee shared finished quilt tops for The Cool Wedge Slab, Robbing Pete, and a Green Improv giving quilts and are still looking for a quilter for the Green Improv quilt contact Debbie or Louise if interested.
- Fabric for the QuiltCon Charity Quilt was handed out. Look for a blog post with instructions for the block.
- 2017 BOM August Block was presented – blog post with instructions and template are posted.
- The One by Two Exhibit was presented featuring Guild Members Kay Eagling, Matt Macomber, and Deborah Ferguson. The exhibit was 8 pairs of quilts based off of one photo by two different artists
- Guild member showcase
- Monica Guckenhimer shared quilts that she has made along her quilting journey.
- *Guild member showcase is what we are calling the format of our board “trunk show” from the January meeting. Guild members will share an early quilt and a recent finish and talk briefly about their quilting journey. If you are interested in sharing your work in this format at a future meeting please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fall retreat with be at Camp Huston in Goldbar, WA from Friday September 8th to Sunday September 10th
- Please fill out the survey on roommate and food preferences
- 1 Double spots available as of 8/9/2017
- Cost $193 for half of a double room
Upcoming Workshops and Presentations for members:
- September 16th: Psychedelic Baby with Katie Pedersen Cost $70
- October 14th & 15th: 2 classes with Violet Craft Cost $80 per class
- October 21st: Quilt-as-You-Go with Jera Brandvig Cost $30
- November 4th: Double Trouble Block with Katie Pedersen Cost $70
The next MQG Sew Day will be August 20th in all time zones. Sew days happen the third Sunday of each month. #mqgsewday
- American Patchwork & Quilting Flying Geese Challenge
- Michael Miller Our Yard Fabric Challenge fabric will be arriving soon.
- Want to be an MQG Board Member? – with current board members
- August 19, 2017 1:00pm PDT (Saturday)
- Slow Improvisation: Improv Piecing with a Specific Theme in Mind – with Heidi Parkes
- August 24, 2017 6:00pm PDT
- QuiltCon Jurying & Judging Webinar
- August 31, 2017 5:00pm PDT
Fresh Quilting TV: All episodes are now available through the MQG site
- Modern Quilt competition entry deadline August 29th, 2017
- Registration open 6/30-8/31 the festival is on Saturday, Sept 9th
What’s Happening Locally?
Pacific NW Quilt & Fiber Arts Museum (formerly LaConner Quilt Museum)
- Pieces of the Past: 20 Years of Collecting – June 30 – October 8, 2017 Selections from the museum’s Permanent Collection
Lazy Daze Quilt Run “shop hop” August 10-12.
Northwest Quilting Expo Portland Expo Center Sept. 28 – 30th
Crystal Quilters of Enumclaw Expo Center Sept 29th – 30th
The next General Guild Meeting is September 13th, 2017 at 7:00pm.