The time has come to sign up for our Annual Secret Sewing Swap! This is a fun swap we do every year where you are assigned a partner to make for. We love doing random swaps but sometimes it’s nice to have something made just for you! The swap will take place at our November meeting – please read below for sign up instructions.
To sign up and participate in this exciting swap simply leave your name and email address on the SEAM Swap 2017 thread on the MQG community site (open to current Seattle Modern Quilt Guild members only, thank you). You will then receive an email invitation from drawnames.com to join the SEAM Swap group. Follow the instructions in the email to join the group no later than 3pm Sunday, September 17th and fill out your wish list. On Monday September 18th the swap partners will be drawn automatically and your partner information will be emailed to you. The system does not allow us to add more names after the draw so *please* make sure you are registered before the deadline.
Your wish list should include helpful information such as: favorite colors, hated colors, patterns you love, favorite fabric designers, favorite book, or any other information you feel might help someone create something you will love. However, don’t be so specific that your partner has no freedom to create. Also include your social media info (instagram, pinterest, blog) to allow for easy partner stalking.
Your swap item must be quilted (or something to use while quilting) and in a MODERN style. The field is open for you to create (mini quilts, zipper pouches, mug rugs, tote bags, pouches, machine covers, etc) and it MUST be at the November 8th guild meeting. If you cannot attend the November meeting please make arrangements with another person to get your swap item to the meeting (and pick up your swap item for you). If you’d like additional inspiration, check out the #seamswap hashtag for makes from past years.
A few things to consider:
1. This is a secret swap so sneak peeks (or even full views) on social media are fun but don’t tag your partner! Be sure to use the hashtag #seamswap.
2. This is an excellent time to stretch your skills and try something new.
3. Have fun!
Important Swap Dates:
- Fri Sept 15th at noon – deadline to submit your name/email for signup
- Sun Sept 17th 3pm – deadline to register via the link sent to you by drawnames.com
- Mon Sept 18th – swap partners assigned via email
- Wed Nov 8th – bring your swap item to gift at our November meeting. Don’t forget to wrap and include your name so they know who to thank.