- The Giving Committee collected Improv Dresden blocks for the QuiltCon Charity Quilt
- 2017 September BOM was presented by Jonna – blog post with instructions and template are posted.
- Monica Guckenhimer presented a recap of her time at the Modern Quilt Masters Retreat with Denyse Schmidt in Napa, CA. She discussed her process for the two improv quilts she started designing at the retreat along with the wonderful food, wine, and experiences she had.
- Guild member showcase
- Sarah Gosney shared quilts that she has made along her quilting journey.
- *Guild member showcase is what we are calling the format of our board “trunk show” from the January meeting. Guild members will share an early quilt and a recent finish and talk briefly about their quilting journey. If you are interested in sharing your work in this format at a future meeting please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall Retreat Recap
- Kristy did a wonderful job putting together our fall retreat at Camp Huston! We filled all 36 spots for the retreat.
- Many generous companies donated raffle and swag bag items, for a full list see the Fall Retreat Recap post
Upcoming Workshops and Presentations for members:
- September 16th: Psychedelic Baby with Katie Pedersen Cost $60
- October 14th & 15th: 2 classes with Violet Craft Cost $50 for the EPP class and $70 for the FPP class
- October 21st: Quilt-as-You-Go with Jera Brandvig Cost $30
- November 4th: Double Trouble Block with Katie Pedersen Cost $60
Bainbridge Island Quilt Festival
- Matt Macomber’s quilt Vamp won the viewer’s choice award!
- Pick up your quilts from Kae if you have not already
The next MQG Sew Day will be September 17th in all time zones. Sew days happen the third Sunday of each month. #mqgsewday
- American Patchwork & Quilting Flying Geese Challenge
- Michael Miller Our Yard Fabric Challenge fabric will be arriving soon.
- Creative Webinar: Color Theory Basics for Quilters – with Erika Mulvenna
- October 18, 2017 6:00pm PDT
- Creative Webinar: Quilts of India: Siddi Quilts of Karnata
- October 31, 2017 6:30am PDT
Fresh Quilting TV: All episodes are now available through the MQG site
- Click here to view the episodes with Violet Craft who will be coming for workshops in October.
- Entry deadline November 30th, 2017
What’s Happening Locally?
Pacific NW Quilt & Fiber Arts Museum (formerly LaConner Quilt Museum)
- Pieces of the Past: 20 Years of Collecting – June 30 – October 8, 2017 Selections from the museum’s Permanent Collection
- The State of WA(ter) – August 2 – October 29, 2017Studio Art Quilt Association, Northwest
- One by Two September 6 – October 8, 2017 Group Exhibit, Guest Curator: Kae from our guild!
- Time Flies… September 6 – October 8, 2017 Group Exhibit
Northwest Quilting Expo Portland Expo Center Sept. 28 – 30th
Crystal Quilters of Enumclaw Expo Center Sept 29th – 30th
The next General Guild Meeting is October 11th, 2017 at 7:00pm.