- Four demonstrations where given at the beginning of the meeting: Pattern Matching by Matt, Spinning Seams by Kim, Zipper Tabs by Yeechi, and Accuquilt use by Kathleen.
- 2017 October BOM was presented by Jonna – blog post with instructions and template are posted.
- The Giving Committee shared a finished stair step quilt that will be donated to the Greenwood Senior center. The block for our last charity quilt was presented, look for a blog post with more details.
- The nominating committee finalized our ballet for the 2018 board elections. The ballet will be the current board running for their current positions.
November meeting reminders/announcements:
- Swap partners for the guild swap have been assigned. Please bring your finished item wrapped with your name on the inside to the November 8th meeting.
- We will be having a fabric swap meet at our November 8th Meeting. Bring fabric and notions to buy, sell, trade, give away, de-Stash, and money or checks to Re-stash. Please keep cutting pricing, etc. as simple as possible and bring everything you need to sell. Anything you do not sell must be taken home with you.
Guild member showcase
- There was no guild member showcase.
- *Guild member showcase is what we are calling the format of our board “trunk show” from the January meeting. Guild members will share an early quilt and a recent finish and talk briefly about their quilting journey. If you are interested in sharing your work in this format at a future meeting please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday 10/219/2017 2pm-8:30pm at Quiltworks NW.
- Sunday 10/29/2017 12:00-5:00 pm at Quality Sewing in Tukwila
- 12/09/2017 11:30 am – 7:30 pm at the Greenwood Senior Center
Upcoming Workshops and Presentations for members:
- October 14th & 15th: 2 classes with Violet Craft Cost $50 for the EPP class and $70 for the FPP class
- October 21st: Quilt-as-You-Go with Jera Brandvig Sold out
- November 4th: Double Trouble Block with Katie Pedersen Cost $60
The next MQG Sew Day will be October 15th in all time zones. Sew days happen the third Sunday of each month. #mqgsewday
- American Patchwork & Quilting Flying Geese Challenge
- Michael Miller Our Yard Fabric Challenge fabric will be arriving soon.
- Creative Webinar: Color Theory Basics for Quilters – with Erika Mulvenna
- October 18, 2017 6:00pm PDT
- Creative Webinar: Quilts of India: Siddi Quilts of Karnata
- October 31, 2017 6:30am PDT
Fresh Quilting TV: All episodes are now available through the MQG site
- Click here to view the episodes with Violet Craft who will be coming for workshops in October.
QuiltCon 2018 Quilt Show Entries
- Entry deadline November 30th, 2017
What’s Happening Locally?
Pacific NW Quilt & Fiber Arts Museum (formerly LaConner Quilt Museum)
- The State of WA(ter) – August 2 – October 29, 2017Studio Art Quilt Association, Northwest
- Patriotic Stiches – October 11 – November 19, 2017 Permanent Collection
- Creative Passion & Stich– October 11-December 30, 2017 Five Harker Diploma Students
The next General Guild Meeting is November 8th, 2017 at 7:00pm.