Sujata Shah Presentation
• Sujata Shah IG @therootconnection shared a presentation on her quilt journey that started in India. She also shared a trunk show of all hand quilted quilts.
• Guild members shared quilts and finished projects watch Facebook and Instagram for photos
• The next giving block will be a improv log cabin block designed by Louise with green fabric donated by Kristy where explained. See blog post for details.
• Submissions for our display at the Seattle Folklife Festival from May 25th-28th were collected
• Still looking for volunteers to help set up and take down quilts, contact Lotte or Megan if interested.
2018 Block of the Month
• Kim shared her finished quilt with the group and the autoclave block for this month, see blog post for details
• Kae will be hosting a block lotto at each meeting this year using the MQG blocks of the months. Look for a blog post with details about this months block called side stripe.
Bias Tape Modern Mini Swap
• Participants swapped there bias tape minis. Thank you to all who participated!
• Sunday May 20th @ Quality Sewing in Tukwila 12:00pm-5:00pm
• Saturday, May 26th @ QWNW 10:30am-5:00pm
• Saturday, June 2nd @ Maker’s Mercantile 10:30am-4:30pm
Quiltcon 2019 in Nashville
• June 26, 2018 – Member Registration Opens
(Must be a member by 06/22 for member registration)
• July 10, 2018 – Public Registration Opens
• July 1, 2018 – Quilt Submissions Open
• November 30, 2018 – Quilt Submissions Close
• The awards ceremony for QuiltCon 2019 will be moved to the evening of Wednesday February 20th immediately following badge pick up
• Please take a moment to rank the cities that are being considered for QuiltCon in 2021. Link to survey was sent out in the May updates for Members from the MQG.
• Modern Quilt Masters Retreat: October 15th – 19th with Violet Craft in Hudson River Valley, New York
• The next MQG Sew Day will be May 20th in all time zones. Sew days happen the third Sunday of each month. #mqgsewday
• Creative Webinars:
O Designing Hand Printed Fabric for Quilting: with Karen Lewis
Tuesday May 22, 2018 11:00 am PDT
• Fresh Quilting TV: All episodes are now available through the MQG site
MQG Showcase at Quilt Festival 2018
• Submissions due by June 22, 2018
• Notifications for accepted quilts by July 2, 2018
Other Local Happenings
• WOOLLEY FIBER QUILTERS ANNUAL QUILT SHOW
o SHADES OF THE NORTHWEST”
o JULY 13-14-15, 2018 Friday 10-5 Saturday 10 – 5 Sunday 10-4
o Cascade Middle School – 905 McGarigle Road Sedro-Woolley
o 250+ quilts, vendors, bed-turning, demonstrations, Member boutique, and FUN!
o Admission still only $3.
Pacific Northwest Quit & Fiber Arts Museum
• Material Men 2 Contemporary Masters March 28 – June 24, 2018
Interesting Quilt Article
• An article and interview with Ken Burns about the “Uncovered” exhibit at the International quilt study center and museum by Mary Fons
Next Meeting Wednesday , 2018 @ 7:00pm.