• Guild members shared quilts and finished projects watch Facebook and Instagram for photos
• Improv log cabin block designed by Louise with green fabric donated by Kristy were collected.
• Folklife quilts were returned contact Lotte or Megan to collect your quilt.
2018 Block of the Month
• The block for this month is inspired by a blade stringer tool used in airplane manufacturing, see blog post for details
•The blok lotto for this month is a Vector Block in blues. This block will be the last block of the year.
• Saturday, June 23rd @ QWNW 10:30am-5:00pm
• Saturday, June 30th @ Maker’s Mercantile 10:30am-4:30pm
• Double check you are receiving emails from the official MQG such as the Modern Monthly update or log into your MQG account to make sure it is active This ensures you will receive the registration link for QuiltCon.
o The QuiltCon 2019 Catalog is currently available for download.
• June 26, 2018 – Member Registration Opens at 7 am PDT
(Must be a member by 06/22 for member registration)
• July 10, 2018 – Public Registration Opens
• July 1, 2018 – Quilt Submissions Open
• November 30, 2018 – Quilt Submissions Close
• The awards ceremony for QuiltCon 2019 will be moved to the evening of Wednesday February 20th immediately following badge pick up
• The next MQG Sew Day will be June 17th in all time zones. Sew days happen the third Sunday of each month. #mqgsewday
• Creative Webinars:
• Road Map for Teaching with Mel Beach
• Tuesday June 19, 2018 9pm EDT, 6pm PDT
• Graffiti Quilting with Karlee Porter
o Tuesday July 18, 2018 8pm EDT, 5pm PDT
• Fresh Quilting TV: All episodes are now available through the MQG site
MQG Town Hall Meeting
• Thursday June 21, 2018 1:00pm EDT, 10:00am PDT
• Webinar town hall meeting, all members are invited to learn what’s new and ask questions
MQG Showcase at Quilt Festival 2018
• Submissions due by June 22, 2018
• Notifications for accepted quilts by July 2, 2018
Bainbridge Quilt Festival
• Saturday September 8, 2018
• Non-juried celebration of all styles of quilts
• Registration closes 08/31/2018
• No hanging sleeve required!
Quilt & Fiber Arts Festival
• Modern Category!
• October 12-14, 2018
• Call for entries open through July 28, 2018 5:00pm (fee is $30 per entry)
• Will be held at the Edward D. Hansen Conference Center in Everett, WA
Kathy Doughty – Organic Applique
• At Gossypium Quilt Shop in Issaquah, WA
• $400.00 2 Day Workshop
• Friday 7/6 and Saturday 7/7 10:30am to 5:30pm both days
Pacific Northwest Quit & Fiber Arts Museum
• Material Men 2 Contemporary Masters March 28 – June 24, 2018
• Civil War Quilts: 1850-1865 An American Quilt Study Group challenge
to create a piece using a Civil War Quilt as inspiration June 6 – August 26, 2018
Modern Design Elements from Vintage and Antique Quilts
• Matt @odditease shared part of his vintage quilt collection and how it inspires his designs. The presentation was cut short but will be continued at another meeting later this year.