• Guild members shared quilts and finished projects watch Facebook and Instagram for photos
Block of the Month
• This months quilt as you go block is based on a fuselage of an airplane, check the blog for a post with more details.
• The giving committee brought four finished quilt tops that four members volunteered to quilt.
• The design for our 2018 Quilt Con charity quilt was announced. The theme this year is tiny piecing, our design is based on 1 inch strip pieced diamonds. See the blog post for more details.
2019 Leadership Elections
• A nomination committee needs to be formed for the 2019 guild leadership elections. It will need two guild members and one board member not running for re-election.
• 2019 Open Board and Committee positions
o Vice President Programs
o Vice President Membership
o Instagram/Social media
o Giving Committee
o Spring/Fall Retreat
• If interested in a position contact a member of the nominating committee. The nominating committee members will be announced at the September meeting.
• Saturday, August 18th @ Greenwood Senior Center 10:00am-5:00pm
• Saturday, August 25th @ QWNW 10:30am-5:00pm
• Saturday September 1st @ Makers Mercantile 10:30am-4:30pm
Fall Retreat 2018
• Sign up coming soon – watch for a blog post announcing the sign up date
• Camp Huston in Gold Bar
• September 7-9, 2018
• Double Room $210
• As of 8/8/18 10 double room spaces available!
• July 10, 2018 – Public Registration Opens
• July 1, 2018 – Quilt Submissions Open
• November 30, 2018 – Quilt Submissions Close
• The awards ceremony for QuiltCon 2019 will be moved to the evening of Wednesday February 20th immediately following badge pick up
• The next MQG Sew Day will be August 19th in all time zones. Sew days happen the third Sunday of each month. #mqgsewday
• Creative Webinars:
• Design Process: From Initial Spark to the Finished Quilt- Tara Faughnan – Thursday August 16, 2018 5:00pm PDT
• Best Practices for Professional Quilt Instructors- Heather Grant – Thursday August 30, 2018 10:00am PDT
• Fresh Quilting TV: All episodes are now available through the MQG site
• Submissions open to QuiltCon magazine for articles and patterns
o Submission deadline- September17, 2018
• American Patchwork & Quilting QuiltCon challenge will be a two-color Quilt Challenge.
Bainbridge Quilt Festival
• Saturday September 8, 2018
• Non-juried celebration of all styles of quilts
• Registration closes 08/31/2018
• No hanging sleeve required!
• Contact Kae if you would like her to take your quilt to the show.
Other Local Happenings
Quilt & Fiber Arts Festival
• Modern Category!
• October 12-14, 2018
• Will be held at the Edward D. Hansen Conference Center in Everett, WA
Pacific Northwest Quit & Fiber Arts Museum
• Fabric Poems: Quilts by Emiko Toda Loeb & New Zephyrs Quilt Group June 27th – Sept 30th, 2018
• Seeing Stars A Celebration of Star Quilts, Old & New- August 1st – Oct 28th 2018
Presentation by David Owen Hastings
• David recently joined our guild and is re-entering the world of quilting. His presentation detailed his path from gallery artist to quilter. You can see more of David’s work on Instagram @davidownhastings and www.davidowenhastings.com.