• Guild members shared quilts and finished projects watch Facebook and Instagram for photos
There is now a link to a spreadsheet showing the Guild’s current book offerings located on the “Library!” page under the Resources tab on the Seattle MQG website home page.
- Kim presented a summary of the 3rd quarter financial activity. The guild is on track per the approved 2018 budget.
Block of the Month
• This month’s block is based on an airfoil, it combines faux applique techniques with quilt-as-you-go. watch the blog for a post with more details.
• The giving committee brought several finished quilts to show – Great job everyone who worked on them, they are wonderful!
• Members turned in their tiny strip piecing blocks for our 2019 QuiltCon charity quilt. If you haven’t turned in you block to the giving committee, please contact Debbie or Louise and make arrangements to get your blocks to them.
2019 Leadership Elections
• A nomination committee for the 2019 guild leadership elections has been formed. It consists of two guild members and one board member not running for re-election. The nominating committee is Matt Macomber, Linda Kucera, and Stefanie Satterwhite. Please contact Matt at President@seattlemodernquiltguild.com if you are interested in running for any of the open board or committee positions.
- 2019 Open Board and Committee positions
o Vice President Programs
o Vice President Membership
o Instagram/Social media
o Giving Committee
o Spring/Fall Retreat
Bainbridge Quilt Festival 2018
- A big thank you to Kae for Taking our quilts to the Bainbridge Quilt Festival and returning them at this meeting.
• Saturday, September 22nd @ QWNW 10:30am-5:00pm
• Thursday September 27th (Hand Sewing) @ Optimism Brewing Company 4:00pm-8:00pm
• November 30, 2018 – Quilt Submissions Close
• The awards ceremony for QuiltCon 2019 will be moved to the evening of Wednesday February 20th immediately following badge pick up
New MQG Member Site
The MQG has launched a new member site that replaces the old forum based site, it is easier to navigate so check it out and start interacting with your fellow MQG Members. A pdf of some things to do can be found HERE. See the help menu for additional information on navigating the new site.
• The next MQG Sew Day will be September 16th in all time zones. Sew days happen the third Sunday of each month. #mqgsewday
• Fresh Quilting TV: All episodes are now available through the MQG site
• Submissions open to QuiltCon magazine for articles and patterns
o Submission deadline- September17, 2018
• American Patchwork & Quilting QuiltCon challenge will be a two-color Quilt Challenge.
Other Local Happenings:
Quilt & Fiber Arts Festival
• Modern Category!
• October 12-14, 2018
• Will be held at the Edward D. Hansen Conference Center in Everett, WA
- Fabric Poems: Quilts by Emiko Toda Loeb & New Zephyrs Quilt Group June 27th – Sept 30th, 2018
- Seeing Stars A Celebration of Star Quilts, Old & New- August 1st – Oct 28th 2018
- Imagine, Create. Inspire, Quilt and Fiber Arts Festival 2018 Challenge – September 5 – October 10, 2018
- Gifts From Japan – September 5 – October 14, 2018
•Heather shared her fantastic quilts with us and talked about design and her creative process. We got to see the next MQG quilt of the month early! Be watching for the next MQG Newsletter for the pattern.