• Guild members shared quilts and finished projects watch Facebook and Instagram for photos
Block of the Month
• This months quilt as you go block is based on air flow over a mountain, check the blog for a post for more details.
2019 Leadership Elections
• Below are the candidates for our open positions
• Outgoing President (2019) – Matt Macomber
• President Elect (2020) -David Owen Hasitngs
• Vice President(s) Programs – Elizabeth Gould and Aline Caulley
• Vice President Membership – Minnie Lai
• Secretary – Rima Kelertas
• Treasurer – Cordelia Nance
• If interested in a position contact a member of the nominating committee. The nominating committee members are Mat Macomber, Stefanie Satterwhite, and Linda Kucera.
• 2019 dues will increase from $52 ($50 +$2 PayPal Fee) to $57 ($55 +$2PayPal Fee)
• Increase is to cover an increase to national MQG dues.
2019 Membership Renewals
• Membership renewals will move online for 2019.
• Watch for a blog post that the 2019 renewal form and PayPal button is live.
• Saturday October 20th @ Maker’s Mercantile 10:30am-4:30pm
• Sunday October 21st @ Quality Sewing in Tukwila 12:00pm-5:00pm
• Saturday, October 27th @ QWNW 10:30am-5:00pm
• November 30, 2018 – Quilt Submissions Close
• The awards ceremony for QuiltCon 2019 will be moved to the evening of Wednesday February 20th immediately following badge pick up
MQG Mini Quilt Swap
• Third international MQG swap
• mini quilts — no larger than 24″ x 24″ — with the suggestion that they be themed for your swap partner’s sewing space.
• This swap is a one-to-one partner swap, so once matched, participants will know who they’re making for and who’s making for them — #makeaminimakeafriend.
• October 5: Swap sign-ups open
• October 25: Swap sign-ups close
• November 2: Partner notifications
• January 8: One month to go
• February 8: International Shipping deadline
• February 15: Domestic Shipping Deadline
• February 23: QuiltCon Swap
• Zoom In: Exploring Cropping & Scale in Modern Quilt Design with Riane Menardi Morrison
• Published 09/25/2018 – Check it out!
• One of Matt’s Quilts makes an appearance
• Styling 101: Perfecting the Perfect Flat Lay with Christopher Thompson
b nxEAds• October 10 – 5:00pm PDT
• Will be available under MQG resources within a day or so.
New MQG Member Site
- Join the Seattle MQG Circle – This is where meeting minutes will be posted
- Check out the monthly content the MQG puts out – Block Study, Quilt of the Month, Webinars, Etc.
- Find episodes of Fresh Quilting
- A pdf of some things to do can be found HERE. See the help menu for additional information on navigating the new site.
• The next MQG Sew Day will be October 21st in all time zones. Sew days happen the third Sunday of each month. #mqgsewday
• Fresh Quilting TV: All episodes are now available through the MQG site
• American Patchwork & Quilting QuiltCon challenge will be a two-color Quilt Challenge.
Other Local Happenings:
- Modern Category!
October 12-14, 2018
- Will be held at the Edward D. Hansen Conference Center in Everett, WA
- $10 admission ($9 online in advance)
- Seeing Stars A Celebration of Star Quilts, Old & New- August 1st – Oct 28th 2018
- Gifts From Japan – September 5 – October 14, 2018
- • Contemporãneo—Contemporary Quilts from Brazil- October 3, 2018 – January 6, 2019
• Debbie a long time quilter and on our giving committee shared her quilting journey and inspiration with us. You can see more of Debbie’s work on Instagram @aquilterstable and aquilterstable.blogspot.com