• Guild members shared quilts and finished projects watch Facebook and Instagram for photos
• The last BOM is a to scale fabric sticker of the 787-8 Boeing airplane. See the blog for post with instructions for this block.
2019 Leadership Elections
• The below candidates for were elected by a majority show of hands.
• Outgoing President (2019) – Matt Macomber
• President Elect (2020) -David Owen Hasitngs
• Vice President(s) Programs – Elizabeth Gould and Aline Caulley
• Vice President Membership – Minnie Lai
• Secretary – Rima Kelertas
• Treasurer – Cordelia Nance
2018 Budget Summary
• A loss of profit was reported for 2018 due to being over budget for workshops/speakers. The guild still has sufficient funds to support operating costs because of profit gains in 2017
• 2019 dues will increase from $52 ($50 +$2 PayPal Fee) to $57 ($55 +$2PayPal Fee)
• Increase is to cover an increase to national MQG dues.
2019 Membership Renewals
• Membership renewals will move online for 2019.
• Watch for a blog post that the 2019 renewal form and PayPal button is live.
• Sunday November 18th @ Quality Sewing in Tukwila 12:00pm-4:30 pm
• Saturday, November 24th @ QWNW 10:30am-5:00pm
• Saturday December 15th @ Maker’s Mercantile 10:30am-4:30pm
Annual Holiday Party Sew-In
• Takes the Place of the December Meeting
• Saturday December 8, 2018 11:30am – 7:30pm
• Annual Quilted item swap
Committee Needed for Party
• Contact Matt or Kathleen if interested in helping with the below.
• Holiday Party committee (set-up/take-down) need 3-4 people
• Annual quilted item swap/steal (Set-up & coordination of swap) need 2 people
• November 30, 2018 – Quilt Submissions Close
• The awards ceremony for QuiltCon 2019 will be moved to the evening of Wednesday February 20th immediately following badge pick up
• Modern Memory Quilts: Capturing Meaningful Moments- with Suszanne Paquette November 13th 5pm pst
• Design Panel: How to Design Quilts using Different tools- with Steph Skadal, Michelle Willkie, Daisy Aschehoug, and Amy Friend January 17th 2:30 pm
New MQG Member Site
- Join the Seattle MQG Circle – This is where meeting minutes will be posted
- Check out the monthly content the MQG puts out – Block Study, Quilt of the Month, Webinars, Etc.
- Find episodes of Fresh Quilting
- A pdf of some things to do can be found HERE. See the help menu for additional information on navigating the new site.
• The next MQG Sew Day will be November 18th in all time zones. Sew days happen the third Sunday of each month. #mqgsewday
• Fresh Quilting TV: All episodes are now available through the MQG site
• American Patchwork & Quilting QuiltCon challenge will be a two-color Quilt Challenge.
Other Local Happenings:
Quilt Drive for California fire Victims
- Robert Kaufman is collecting quilts for those affected by the fires.
- If you are interested in donating they are accepting finsiehd quilts (baby/throw or larger).
- Send to Rober Kaufman attn: Elisabeth Hardy, 129 W. 132nd Street, Los Angeles, CA 90061
- Include your name and address with the quilt and Robery Kaufman will send you a thank you note and gift and ensure it gets into the hands of someone affected.
- more details on Robert Kaufman Instagram
A Gathering of Quilters
• A meet-up with members and friends of SMQG, SAQA, and CQA quilt guilds
• Saturday January 12th, 2019 10:30 am to 2:00 pm
• look for post with more details
- Martha and Dionne’s Bug: Trixelated Transportation quilt won a Judge’s Choice Award
• Matt’s Double Doodle quilt won First Place Quilts-Modern
- • Contemporãneo—Contemporary Quilts from Brazil- October 3, 2018 – January 6, 2019
Modern Design Elements from Vintage and Antique Quilts- Presented by Matt Macomber
• Matt finished his presentation on vintage and antique quilts by sharing fifteen quilts from his colletion. You can see more of Matts’s vintage quilts on Instagram @odditease
Next Meeting Wednesday January 9th, 2019 @ 7:00pm.