We are doing a nametag swap! For this is swap you will make a name tag where you are assigned a partner to make for. This is a great chance to finally get a nametag made so you can wear it to Seattle MQG meetings and events. The swap will take place at our March meeting – please read the below for sign up instructions.
To sign up and participate in this exciting swap simply leave your name and email address on the name tag swap discussion in the Seattle MQG circle on the MQG member site by 4:00 pm Thursday January 17th (a brief pdf with instructions on finding the Seattle MQG circle can be found HERE). You will then receive an email invitation from drawnames.com to join the SEAM Swap group. Follow the instructions in the email to join the group no later than 9 pm Wednesday, January 23rd and fill out your wish list. On Thursday January 24th the swap partners will be drawn automatically and your partner information will be emailed to you. The system does not allow us to add more names after the draw so *please* make sure you are signed up with drawnames.com before the 9 pm Wednesday, January 23rd deadline.
The name tag will need to incorporate the Seattle MQG logo swatch, we will have these for participants to pick up at the February 13 guild meeting.
When you sign up with drawnames.com you will need to create a wish list of what you would like for your nametag. Your wish list should include helpful information such as: favorite colors, or not so favorite colors, how you would like your name tag to attach (pin on or hang from a lanyard), patterns you love, favorite fabric designers, favorite book, or any other information you feel might help someone create something you will love. However, don’t be so specific that your partner has no freedom to create. Also include your social media info (instagram, pinterest, blog) to allow for easy partner stalking.
Your name tag needs to clearly show your partners name. Get creative you can create the letters using paper piecing, improv, or embroidery techniques. The field is open for you to create and it MUST be at the March 13th guild meeting. If you cannot attend the March meeting please make arrangements with another person to get your swap item to the meeting (and pick up your swap item for you).
A few things to consider:
1. This is a secret swap so sneak peeks on social media are fun, but don’t tag your partner! Be sure to use the hashtag #seamswap.
2. This is an excellent time to stretch your skills and try something new.
3. Have fun!
Important Swap Dates:
- Thurs. Jan 17th at 4pm – deadline to submit your name/email for signup (name tag swap discussion in the Seattle MQG circle on the MQG member site)
- Wed. Jan 23rd 4pm – deadline to register via the link sent to you by email from drawnames.com
- Thur. Jan 24th – swap partners assigned via email
- Wed. February 13th guild meeting – Participants pick up Seattle MQG logo swatch to include in name tag
- Wed. March 13th guild meeting – bring your swap item to gift at our Feburary meeting. Don’t forget to wrap and include your name so they know who to thank.