Due to unpredictable weather, the board has decided to cancel the Wednesday February 13, 2019 guild meeting.
With the significant amounts of snow we already have and another storm front set to roll in this afternoon with the promise of still more snow, it doesn’t seem possible for all of the snow and ice to be cleared away by Wednesday. While the main roads may be clear, residential streets are covered in snow and ice – I know my street is. We would rather be overly cautious than have our members out and about in potentially icy conditions.
We are bummed about having to cancel Wednesday’s guild meeting, so how about we try out an Instagram hashtag for Wednesday night!? If you decide to spend your snowed in Wednesday sewing use #SEAMQGsnowedin . We will use posts to the hashtag to do a giveaway of the February meeting door prizes! This is a perfect time to work on your Begonia quilt ,some of those works in progress you have been meaning to get to, or check out one of the MQG webinars.
Scheduled February meeting items/announcements:
- Courthouse Colourplay and Speed Date with Improv Workshops: sign up post will go live Thursday February 14, 2019 at 11:00 am
- Courthouse Colourplay – April 6, 2019
- Speed Date with Improv – April 7, 2019
- Spring Retreat at Quilting Mayhem: sign up post will go live Saturday February 16, 2019 at 12:00 pm – A new to us day-time format, three-day spaces will be $30 and single-day spaces will be $10 per day
- Retreat Dates – May 17th-19th, 2019
- Name Tag Swap: We will extend the due date for the name tag swap to the April 10, 2019 guild meeting since no one will be able to pick up their logo swatch until the March 13, 2019 guild meeting.
- Scrap Swap: We will move the scrap swap to the March 13, 2019 guild meeting
February Sew-Ins: Saturday February 23, 2019 at QuiltWorks Northwest 10:30 am – 5:00 pm
Upcoming Quilt Shows:
- Quilters Anonymous Quilt Show – March 15th-17th, 2019 at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds
- The Everett Quilt Show – April 25th-27th, 2019 at the Edward D. Hansen Conference Center in Everett. Watch for calls for entry, they have a modern category!
See you at the March 13, 2019 guild meeting!
Wise choice. Good idea about the hashtag tho. I hope to join in!
The # idea was Aline’s, isn’t it fun!? we hope it’ll keep us connected in a small way since this snow is keeping us from being able to meet in person 🙂
Thanks for making the call early. Not everyone is on line all the time.
Definitely, better to be cautious than having our members out and about in icy conditions.
Will miss my friends and all the inspiration I get with show and tell..
But it’s a good call.. stay safe everyone
Hello! Thank you for the update. Much appreciated, Amanda Leon
On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 10:03 AM seattle modern quilt guild wrote:
> odditease posted: “Due to unpredictable weather, the board has decided to > cancel the Wednesday February 13, 2019 guild meeting. With the significant > amounts of snow we already have and another storm front set to roll in this > afternoon with the promise of still more snow, it” >
Good call! I appreciate it. I’ll post a picture of my one seam sewn 😅