This may look familiar…the February meeting was cancelled due to weather so we have moved the February meeting content to the March meeting.
- Name tag
- Your #QuiltConreject quilts to show off (Did you enter a quilt or quilts to QuiltCon 2019 that did not make it in the show this time? Bring them to the March meeting, we would love to see them!)
- Modern quilt sew and tell
- Finished equilateral triangle strips for the giving committee
- Scraps for the Annual Scrap Swap!*
- February and March birthdays – your turn to contribute a snack to our table
Meeting will include:
- Show of Seattle MQG #QuiltConreject quilts
- Overview of QuiltCon 2019 – What it’s all about, who from Seattle MQG went, what to do and see at QuiltCon
- Brief recap of Road to California quilt show by Elizabeth
- 2019 BOM #Begoniaquilt February and March instructions
- Spaces still available in upcoming workshops
- Scrap management ideas – Linda, Erica, and Matt will share some ideas for managing and using your scraps.
- Sew and Tell
- Annual Scrap Swap!
- *Annual scrap swap – bring your scraps for our fun annual swap. A table will be set up in the back of the room for all of the scraps . Anyone who brought scraps will take turns choosing new scrap fabrics from the table, once they have all chosen, the scrap table will be opened up to Anyone else to have a turn. It’s a great way to share the scrap wealth (or scrap burden…however you see it!) Use your judgement on what a scrap is, it should be a sew-able size at minimum.
- March 23rd – Saturday sew in at QuiltWorks Northwest 10:30 am- 5:00 pm (our second to last sew in at this location)
Upcoming Quilt Shows:
- Quilters Anonymous – March 15th-17th, 2019
- Everett Quilt Show – April 25th-27th, 2019
Quilt show Calls for entry:
- Everett Quilt Show
- Northwest Quilting Expo (Requires submitting a printed form by mail)
NEXT GENERAL MEETING: April 10, 2019