Anna Maria Horner will be here for a lecture and trunk show, AND two workshops in January!
Registration opens Saturday, November 16th at 10:00 am.
Save this post so that you can use the link at the bottom when registration opens.
Sunday, January 19, 2020 — Lecture and Trunk Show — (EVENT IS OVER)
Come meet Anna Maria Horner as she presents a trunk show of her quilts and shares her creative process as a fine artist, fabric designer, and self-taught quilter.
- 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Quilting Mayhem, Snohomish
- Open to the Public
- General Admission – $15
- 2020 Seattle MQG Members – $10
Saturday, January 25, 2020 — Color Fluency — CLASS IS FULL!
- 11:30 am – 6:30 pm
- Greenwood Senior Center, Seattle
- This is not a sewing class.
- A supply list will follow. You will bring high-quality fat quarters which will be swapped with other workshop members.
- Open to 2020 Seattle MQG Members only
Anna Maria switches up traditional color conventions in order to develop stunning and individual palettes.
Beginning with a traditional color wheel, Anna demonstrates how each color interacts with one another depending on its position in the wheel. Then using a fun color palette exercise with fabric, she guides students towards building an adventurous, yet theory based, palette.
Palettes will further get tweaked using group input. Anna Maria explains how to translate palette knowledge to printed fabrics, demonstrating how scale and proportion can be used to create new and interesting patchwork combinations.
This class is ideal for anyone who wants to understand how to work intuitively with color and print.
- Basic color theory
- Translating printed fabrics to color categories
- Patchwork block demo
- Scrutinizing and enhancing palettes
- Fabric selection for quilt planning
Sunday, January 26, 2020 — Cross Country Quilt — A FEW SPACES LEFT!
- 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Quilting Mayhem, Snohomish
- $115 for members, $140 for non-members
- Price includes the Cross Country Quilt pattern
- The Guild has purchased templates that can be shared among the group
Open to Seattle MQG Members onlyOUR LAST FEW SPACES ARE NOW OPEN TO NON-MEMBERS AS WELL
Anna Maria offers a Cross Country tour by sharing her own variations of this beautiful quilt and helping you build your own.
Do a simple but stunning patchwork, add a lot or a little applique. Anna Maria will share demos on everything with a focus on material choices, composition and technique. This quilt has such “good bones” that any variation will be dynamic and exciting.
- Fabric selection
- Patchwork techniques specific to your chosen plan
- Compositional planning and layout
- Curved bias strip preparation, applique
- Template demos for cutting and pressing applique shapes
- There will be two links for registration — one for the Lecture, and one for either or both Workshops. (See below.)
- If the workshop you want is full, be sure to add yourself to our Waitlist.
- Your PayPal receipt is your proof of having registered. So look for it right after you’ve completed your registration. If you don’t have a receipt, you may not have completed the registration process.
- Seattle MQG Members: Be sure that you’ve renewed your membership for 2020. You can do that here.
- The Simple Rule: Sorry, once you’ve signed up and paid, we won’t be offering any refunds.
- The Possible Exception: For workshops only, IF you cancel on or before January 9th AND we can find a replacement from our waitlist, we’ll consider refunding your payment less $25. Please understand that there are no promises on this. This only applies to workshops; not to the lecture.
- After January 9th: See The Simple Rule.
Ready to Sign Up?
Once registration has opened,
- Click here to register for the Lecture and Trunk Show.
- Click here to register for one or both of the Anna Maria Horner Workshops.
In either case you’ll be taken to a Google Form, and then to Brown Paper Tickets and PayPal.
The Lecture is open to the public. The Workshops are open to 2020 Seattle MQG members only.
Send an email to email@example.com