Wednesday, June 10, 2020, we will meet virtually again via Zoom, and this time with live video and audio! More social time, and fewer announcements.
NEW THIS TIME: we will be able to see and hear you via your computer’s camera and microphone. (If you prefer not to be seen/heard, please mute both.)
Cindy Grisdela: Anatomy of Improv
Have you ever wondered how to create an Improv Quilt without a pattern? Where do you start? How do you know when it’s finished? Author and award winning artist Cindy Grisdela will share her tips and tricks in this entertaining lecture about the process for working improvisationally from start to finish.
Meeting will include:
- 6:30 pm: Sign in early for optional socializing with video and audio on!
- 6:55 pm: Final sign-ins before meeting starts
- 7:00 pm: Short announcements (recording starts, please mute microphones)
- 7:10 pm: Introduction of our guest presenter, Cindy Grisdela
- 7:15 – 8:00 pm: Cindy Grisdela presents
- 8:00 – 8:15 pm: Q&A with Cindy
- 8:15 – 8:30 pm: Breakout Rooms* for small group socializing
- 8:30 – 9:00 pm: Sew and Tell**
*At 8:15 pm, we will experiment with Zoom’s Breakout Rooms feature. David will randomly assign all the meeting attendees to smaller groups, called Breakout Rooms. You can then turn on your video and audio, and chat real-time with each other for 15 minutes. David will then bring you all back into the main meeting at 8:30 for Sew and Tell.
**During Sew and Tell, you will have the option of unmuting yourself to say a few words about the project you are sharing. Photos of finished projects will be shared via David’s screen, so you don’t need to hold up your quilt to the camera.
Can’t stay for the whole meeting? That’s OK! Just join us for as long as you are able. You can leave the meeting at any time.
Sew and Tell
Please send images of your recent projects to email@example.com by 6:00 pm, Tuesday June 9th to be included in our Zoom meeting Sew and Tell. You can also share your projects using the hashtag #SeattleMQGJuneMeeting on Instagram. (If your IG account is set to Private, be sure to invite David to follow you, otherwise he won’t be able to view the images you post.) David will show images of the finished projects, and you will have the option of unmuting yourself to say a few words about your quilts.
Zoom meeting nuts & bolts
If you haven’t used Zoom before, please create a Free account on Zoom. You don’t need to pay anything to participate in our Zoom membership meeting. When you sign up, the Zoom.us app will download to your computer. If you’ve used Zoom before, then you are all set to go!
- Current members of Seattle Modern Quilt Guild will receive an invitation email from our guild Gmail account.
- Not a member yet, but would like to do a virtual visit to our guild? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request an invitation to the meeting. You can attend 2 meetings as a guest before we ask you to join.
- For security sake, you will be asked to Register for the meeting. Please do so as soon as you get the email invitation.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Save the email as you will use the link and password to join the meeting.
- On Wednesday, June 10th, please get comfy in front of your computer with internet access.
- Click the link in the Zoom email to join the meeting, and follow the instructions to sign in.
- Sign in at 6:30 pm for social time, or by 6:55 pm at the latest, as we will start the program promptly at 7:00 pm.
- NEW THIS TIME: your camera and microphone will be on! Feel free to mute yourself and/or turn off your camera, especially when we are watching the speaker present.
- You can use a tablet device or smart phone, but it may be harder for you to see/hear unless you are on a larger screen. I recommend using your laptop or desktop computer.
- If you are new to Zoom, we recommend you read this short intro to joining a Zoom meeting.
If you have questions during the meeting, please type them into the Q&A sidebar. If you have general comments or just want to cheer someone on, please use the Chat window. I will also have some Polls ready to ask for your participation.
If you have technical issues, first try logging out of Zoom, and then try the email link again (logging back in). Double check to see if the volume is turned up on your computer. You will also have the option of calling in via phone to listen to the meeting if your computer is not working (there will be a phone number in the invitation email). If you get completely stuck, the meeting will be recorded and available online for viewing later.
NEXT GENERAL MEETING: July 8, 2020
We will continue to meet via Zoom until we are able to safely meet at Greenwood Senior Center. Thanks, and happy sewing!