Are you interested in joining the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild? Welcome!
Not sure? When we are allowed to meet in person again, you’re welcome to attend two of our meetings as a visitor before becoming an official member. Since we are meeting virtually via Zoom for the time being, the Zoom meetings are for paid members of Seattle MQG only.
Benefits of Membership:
- Your membership in the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild (Seattle MQG) includes membership in the national organization, The Modern Quilt Guild (MQG).
- We enjoy a variety of events, including monthly meetings; sew-ins; workshops; retreats; charity quilting; and other swaps, challenges, and projects. See the About Us page for more information on these activities.
- Our members receive discounts at local quilt shops, including Pacific Fabrics and Quilting Mayhem.
- Members who wish to join the Pacific Northwest Quilt and Fiber Arts Museum receive a discount on their membership to that organization.
Membership Dues for 2021:
- $57 for a full year, joining between Jan.1 and Jul. 1 (Including PayPal processing fee.)
- $29.50 for a half year, joining between Jul. 1 and Dec. 31 (Including PayPal processing fee.)
- No increase in dues this year.
- Dues include membership in the national MQG organization.
- New members can join at any time throughout the year.
- Renewing members, renewal period begins in November. Please register by December 31, 2020 so that we have time to submit our membership information to the national MQG.
- Membership term begins January 1, 2021 and runs through December 31, 2021.
Ready to Register?
- Click on the appropriate link below. You’ll see a form where we’ll collect your information, and then you’ll be directed to PayPal for your payment.
- New members – Click here (for either full year or half year). You’ll receive two welcoming emails – one from us, and one from the national MQG – within about a week. We’re glad you’re joining us!
- Renewing members – Click here.
- Transferring membership from another MQG guild? – We can contact the MQG and help transfer your membership. Please email our Director of Membership at Seattlemodernquiltguild@gmail.com.
Once You’ve Registered …
New members should go to the national MQG website and create a log-in there. The MQG site is full of great resources, (all included in your membership) but it’s also where we keep sensitive information – like our membership directory – because it’s password protected.
- You’ll need to join the Seattle MQG Circle in order to access Seattle-specific information on the MQG site. For an extra layer of protection, a member of the Seattle MQG board will review your request to join our Circle. Once you’ve been accepted, you’ll have access to that information.
- The MQG site is also where you’ll go to print out your Seattle MQG membership card.
Email us: email@example.com