Hello Seattle Modern Quilt Guild Members!
Below is the information and instructions necessary to participate in the election for our new SEAMQG Board members to carry us forward beginning January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015. This process is in alignment with our bylaws.
1) Ballots will be emailed to each member using the email address that is currently on file with the SEAMQG Membership Chair. This email will be sent on Sunday October 5th by 9:00 pm, PST. This email will originate from Grace Lainhart. Her email address is: email@example.com. The email subject will be “SEAMQG 2015 Membership Voter’s Ballot”.
2) Paper ballots will also be available at the October 8, 2014 General Membership Meeting, held at the Greenwood Senior Center, for anyone who does not receive their ballot by email. If this occurs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm what email address is on file with the SEAMQG.
3) Completed ballots must be submitted to the Nominating Committee via a private ballot box, no later than November 12, 2014, at the SEAMQG General Membership Meeting, which will be held at the Greenwood Senior Center. The meeting begins at 7:00 pm PT and ballots will be accepted up until 8:00 pm PT on November 12, 2014 to allow for any members who arrive late to the meeting.
4) Only completed ballots will be accepted. A completed ballot is defined as follows:
- A marked box for each candidate choosing one of the three options listed on the ballot.
- The printed name and signature of the SEAMQG member submitting their vote.
5) If you will not be attending the General Membership Meeting on November 12, 2014, absentee ballots will be accepted if they are submitted by one of the following two methods:
- Scan and email the COMPLETED ballot back to Grace Lainhart at the email address listed above, no later than 12 Noon PT on Wednesday, November 12, 2014.
- A paper ballot completed by the member, who is not attending, can be given to another member to submit their vote by proxy. If this method is chosen, the member voting by proxy MUST email Grace, requesting that the Nominating Committee please accept their vote by proxy, naming the member who will be submitting their ballot.
6) A write in candidate must reach majority vote in order to occupy the office. The write in candidate must also accept the nomination and be willing to perform the duties of the office for which they have been elected.
We look forward to seeing everyone at our October and November general meetings and anticipate cause for celebrating a successful election for our 2015 SEAMQG Board Members. It has been an honor to serve as your Nominating Committee.
Michelle Honey, Chair
Grace Lainhart, Member
Lynne Shandley, Member