Just about a year ago, Hoffman Fabrics launched a new modern line of batiks under the Me+You brand. It’s been a beautiful color explosion ever since. I’m sure you’ve all seen these at one of our local quilt shops or online. They’re not like the mottled batiks we were used to – the colors are solid and saturated with crisp modern graphics. They became an instant hit.
At Quiltcon this year, I took advantage of the opportunity to talk to Hoffman / Me+You about a special challenge with Seattle MQG and we’ve been working on that since returning home. I’m excited to tell you all that a big box of pretties has arrived at my house and it’s time for the challenge to begin!
Me+You has generously sent fat eighth bundles for our members* to make a quilted pillow cover. With the HUGE array of colors and designs available your most difficult decision will likely be how to narrow those down but we are definitely looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Check out Me+You’s instagram account for a wealth of ideas and inspiration.
- Make a quilted pillow cover. Don’t want a pillow? Use yours as a mini quilt!
- It can be any size you’d like. It might be easier to start with a pillow form and make something to fit it.
- Please add only Me+You prints and solids to your bundle.
- Use #meandyouandseamqg and tag @me_and_y0u when posting progress and final pictures online
- Deadline for finishes is the end of June. Please bring them to show off at our July meeting!
Once they’ve been shown, we’d like the rest of Seattle to see them too! Pacific Fabrics in Northgate would love to include your finished pillow cover in a display at their store. We will have more details on that closer to July but I’ve been told they can show up to 100 so get sewing!
Please pick up bundles in person at a meeting or sew in. If you’d like to arrange for someone else to pick up for you that’s fine too.
We can’t wait to see what you make!
*Quantities limited, first come first served.