Jaci has come up with a fun and simple swap for us that was presented at April guild meeting. The challenge – create a modern mini quilt using bias tape to create your design and only use three colors/fabrics (including the binding). Your bias tape mini quilt creation should be 16″ or smaller (it doesn’t have to be square.) Bring your finished mini quilt wrapped up and ready for a blind swap at the May meeting.
Here are the specifics:
- Use only three different fabrics (Including the binding)
- Must include a bias tape design (attached by any method)
- 16″ or smaller (does not have to be square)
- Think modern, linear, curves, abstract, assymmetrical
- Bring your finished mini to the May meeting wrapped up and ready for a blind swap!
Below are some examples Jaci has provided to get your creativity started:
Convergence by Latifah Saafir (Latifah Saafir Studios)
Gold+White Baby Quilt by Cynthia (ahhh…Quilting)
Cursive is a fading art by Paige Alexander (Quilted Blooms)
I have not been there for a “blind swap”. Do we include our names inside or on a label or is it totally “Blind”??
Yes, please add you name either to a label or as a tag inside the package so that the recipient knows who made their lovely new mini quilt and can thank them.